Tailored Solutions for Any Application
At Tandem, we understand that no one business is identical to another and what gives a business its competitive edge is how it differs from others. Often, these differences will manifest in the processes which the business employs.
Why not choose an off the shelf application?
- Although they may be cheaper, they often force a business to work in a certain way which may not fit well with its business processes
- The better off-the-shelf products are very sophisticated, providing much in the way of flexibility and customisation. However, this extra flexibility can be very complicated to set up and administer and there will potentially be large areas of the application that are not used.
- Businesses often have to introduce “off-system” processes together with the off-the-shelf application (e.g. using spreadsheets and small databases involving manual entry). This builds inefficiencies into business processes and the potential for error in manually transferring data from one application to another.
- There can be a big overhead in working out how to use the application in a particular business context, setting up any customisations and training staff
- The growth of a business may be hampered if the off-the-shelf application does not provide the necessary flexibility to support the new processes required
What types of application have Tandem developed?
Our software development team have experience in developing many different types of application, including:
Our relationship with Sage allows us to integrate our systems with some Sage products including Line 50. We also have extensive experience in exporting and importing data from third parties, such as couriers and outsourced service providers.
All our bespoke systems are built to work on Microsoft® Windows-based systems and we use industry-standard languages so you can be sure that you are benefiting from up-to-date technology. Many of our applications communicate with e-commerce websites that we have developed, enabling the content of the website to be maintained via the bespoke application in addition to processing online orders.